Monday, October 02, 2006

Panera Bread, get in my belly!

One of the things I miss about living in Maryland is having a Panera Bread close by. Can you believe we don't have these in Austin? Despite Austin's alleged "aversion" to chain restaurants, real or imaginary, P.B. is a very Austin-y place. A chain of bakery-cafes offering tasty sandwiches, fresh baked bread, soups, iced green tea, and Wi-Fi! So bring your laptop and surf the net while trying not to spill hot soup on your keyboard.

The reason I bring this up is that I have been making several business trips to Cedar Rapids, Iowa over the past few months. There is a Panera Bread within walking distance of my hotel, so I have been making several trips there during the week for dinner. It's definitely making me want to make a pitch for Panera Bread to expand to Austin. Who do I need to talk to to make it happen? Somebody let me know.

No comments: