Saturday, September 23, 2006

Biked 35 Miles Today

Most of you (those who read this) know that my favorite recreational activity is mountain biking. I have my friends Shane and Aaron to thank for getting me into it. This spring, wanting to branch out and add something different to my recreational portfolio, I bought a road bike. So now I have dual bikeablilty and I'm trying not give either type a higher priority. But it's difficult to do so because I have more friends who are into road cycling.

This morning I rode with 3 friends from church along some of Austin's suburban scenic roads. The route consisted of the northern part of Loop 360 down to Bee Caves Rd, then out to Route 71 and back. The whole route is about 35 miles. It's a very scenic route with a lot of hills, so it's definitely a workout. I'm still sore even as I write this. My hope is to be able to do some kind of biking most weekends and try to improve on my distance and hill-climbing ability. We'll see how it goes, as I don't have a great history when it comes to achieving exercise goals. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Chris said...

You should use Google Earth to sketch out your path and post it as an image. It would be neat to follow your treks visually for those of us not familiar with the area. We can also zoom in and get a feel for how scenic your rides really are! :-)

Unknown said...

you're crazy, bro. still love ya though! ;)