Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thwarted Attempts at Female Friendship

Most of my friends are guys. I would like to develop more female friendships, but it seems that I really have no idea how. This is not something that comes naturally to me. Events like the following, which happened a few Sundays ago at church, make me think that I'm doomed to never find myself in the right circumstances to meet female friends. I arrived at church on time for a change, so I had my choice of seats. I chose to sit in the back row because two of my friends were already there. A girl came in a few minutes late to the service and sat in my row, with one seat between us. She was someone I had seen before but never talked to. I figured I would have an opportunity to talk to her after the service. About 10 minutes after that more latecomers arrived. Among them was a guy about my age. He recognized the girl sitting near me and asked her if anyone was sitting in the seat between us. There wasn't, so he took that seat. Since they knew each other, they chatted for a while after the service, while I talked to my friends sitting on my left. When I looked behind me the girl was gone. So that's pretty much how things work with me. All attempts to just meet women are thwarted.

No comments: